Need a quick, healthy, and delicious dinner idea? Our Summer Quinoa chocked full of veggies is sure to satisfy!
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb. quinoa (2 cup)
- 5 cup water or vegetable stock, warm (over a cup)
- ½ lemongrass bunch, sliced in 3 pieces (optional)
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ½ yellow medium onion, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cups peas and carrot, small dice
- ½ red bell pepper, small dice
- ½ yellow pepper, small dice
- 10 tri-color tomatoes, halves
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 ounces balsamic white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Boil water with lemongrass.
- Add oil in a pan to medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes, stir and add the quinoa. Cook for 2-3 minutes so the quinoa absorbs the aroma.
- Add hot water. Stir.
- Add salt to taste. Let stand. Cover for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and peas.
- When quinoa is cooked, add peppers and tomatoes.
- Finish by mixing olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic and add to quinoa.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garnish.