Who doesn’t love arroz chofán? Try our healthy twist on the classic dish for an easy and delicious dinner!
Yield: 6 portions
- 1 lb. cooked brown rice, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ chicken breast, thinly sliced and cut in small strips
- ¼ broccoli head, cut in small florets
- ½ yellow onion, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, small dice
- 1 celery sprig, cut in very thin slices
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 scallions, finely chopped for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil canola oil in a large pan at medium heat.
- Once oil sizzles, sauté chicken strips until cooked. Place aside.
- Add sesame oil, followed by onions. Lower heat and cook for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add broccoli and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Add garlic, celery and peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add rice, followed by chicken.
- Add soy sauce and stir well at medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.