A great recipe for a lazy weekend, our Summer Tuna salad is quick, easy, and delicious! Try all three variations and tell us which one you like best!
Yield: 6 portions
- ½ medium red onion, small dice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, plus one teaspoon
- 20 ounces oil-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, finely diced*
- Handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tbsp. fresh juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sandwich bread, such as rye of 100% whole wheat, toasted (optional)
- Butter lettuce, for garnish
For more crunch, you may also add shredded carrots; diced cucumbers; drained and pitted black olives, quartered; small capers, rinsed.
- In a small bowl, combine onion and two tablespoons vinegar (vinegar should just cover onion) and let stand 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna with celery, tomatoes, onions, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk one teaspoon vinegar, lemon juice, and slowly add oil.
- Add to salad and mix gently until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Dress with more olive oil if desired.
- 5-Spoon tuna salad onto 4 slices of toast, top with lettuce, then close sandwiches. Enjoy!