Our Pumpkin Soup is the perfect meal for those chilly fall nights! Delicious, healthy, and easy to make, we promise this will become one of you go-to recipes.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 medium size Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig oregano, leaves only
- 2 lbs. Kabocha squash, or fresh pumpkin, medium dice
- 4 cups low-salt warm chicken broth or warm water
- Toasted un-salted pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add oil to medium pot at medium heat; once heated add onion. Cook without browning 3 to 4 minutes. Add carrot, celery, garlic, grated ginger, thyme, oregano, and pumpkin and cook another 3-4 minutes. Pour the chicken broth and cook covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool soup. Place in blender (in batches) and blend until creamy and smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat and adjust flavors. Pour on soup bowl and garnish with toasted seeds.