Making a healthy & delicious dinner doesn’t have to be hard, especially with our Sautéed Salmon with Mango Salsa. A classic dish with a tropical twist!
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 salmon fillets, 4oz each
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch of dill, chopped, for garnish
- 2 firm mangoes pitted, cut in small dice
- ½ small red onion, cut in small dice and rinse over cold water
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 springs of dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry salmon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix one tablespoon canola oil, garlic and onion powders, smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, and Dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Rub mixture on salmon and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add canola oil to a hot sauté pan. Add salmon and lower heat to medium.
- Cook salmon for 4 minutes each side.
- In a bowl place diced mango, red onion, vinegar, lemon juice, chopped dill and olive oil. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon in a plate, add mango salsa and garnish with lemon wedge and dill.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, mixed green salad or with couscous.