Trying to add more veggies to your diet? Well our eggplant and tomatoes salteados is the perfect place to start! Quick and delicious, we promise it will have you coming back for seconds
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 small purple eggplants cut in 1″ thick rounds and quarter
- 2 small yellow zucchinis cut in 1″ thick rounds and cut in half-moons
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, cut in medium strips
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded, roughly cut
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 5 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place cut eggplants in a colander and sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Let stand for 10-15 minutes to drain excess liquid.
- Once drained, place eggplant on a bowl and drizzle one teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle some the black pepper. Place other ingredients in a separate bowl and drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat sauté pan at medium-high and place eggplant; cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Toss rest of ingredients in the pan and cook until fork tender, 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook because vegetables will lose their crispness. Serve and sprinkle with fresh basil.