Lentils make a great addition to any meal and our Crunchy Lentil Salad is no different. A simple, fast, and delicious, this meal is sure to satisfy after a long day of work!
Yield: 4 portions
- 16 oz green lentils, dry
- 1 bay leaf, dry
- 1 quart of water or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, one whole, one minced
- ½ small Vidalia onion, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, medium cut
- 2 medium carrots, small dice
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and deveined, small dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, no stems, thinly cut
- Rinse green lentils under cold water.
- In a saucepan, place green lentils, bay leaf, liquid, and whole garlic. Bring to boil and simmer for 15-25 minutes, until tender with a bite.
- Cool lentil in a sheet pan or a flat surface.
- In a big bowl, place lentils, onion, minced garlic, celery, carrots, red peppers, scallions.
- Mix olive oil, and vinegar and add to lentils.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro.