Effective Date: October 28, 2019
MiSomos (“Company”, “We”, “Somos Healthcare Providers, Inc.”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
· The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the MiSomos website (the “Site”).
· Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this Site and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this Site and any other source.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
· We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this Site.
· You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection)
· We receive from other third party sources.
Our other websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Site is not intended for California residents. If you reside in California do not use this Site.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Site:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically when you use the Site.
· Pursuant to your authorization.
· From other sources that have your consent to share information.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this Site, you agree to provide information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, gender, borough of residence, email address, year of birth, telephone number, whether you have a family doctor, health information, any other information the Site collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law. (“Personal Information“).
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information that relates to you or to the computer or mobile device you use to access this Site, but does not on its own identify you personally. This information may include (for example), information about your use of this Site, including features you have utilized, parts or functions of this Site you have viewed, content you have accessed or viewed, IP address and device identifiers, information about your internet connection, and information about the equipment or software you use to access this Site.
This information includes:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Your search queries on the Site.
· Your preferences.
· Your activity log on the Site.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Site, it may use technology to automatically collect:
· Usage Details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Site, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
· Other Information. We may collect information about your internet connection, including your computer’s IP address, operating system, and browser type.
· Stored Information and Files. The Site also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your computer.
· Location Information. We may collect information concerning your location.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Site. For more information, see CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION. Note, however, that opting out of the Site’s collection of location information will cause its location based features to be disabled.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some internet browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference (the “DNT Signal”) to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret DNT Signals, nor a common definition of “tracking”, we do not currently respond to DNT Signals on the Site. The Company engages in so-called online behavioral advertising on third-party sites (also sometimes called “retargeting” or “tracking”), through which information collected about the pages you visit on the Site is used to display ads for products or services on third-party websites. This information may uniquely identify a browser but is not personally identifiable.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
· Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
· JWT (JSON web token). JSON Web Token is an Internet standard for creating JSON-based access tokens that assert some number of claims. For example, a server could generate a token that has the claim “logged in as admin” and provide that to a client. The client could then use that token to prove that it is logged in as admin. The tokens are signed by one party’s private key, so that both parties are able to verify that the token is legitimate. The tokens are designed to be compact, URL-safe, and usable especially in a web-browser single-sign-on context.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
· Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
· Analytics companies.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
· Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
· Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· Give you notices about your account.
· Notify you when Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you use the Site. We use location information we collect to analyze location based activities and recommend services based on your location.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
· Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
· Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
This Site is not for use by individuals residing and/or located in the State of California. If you are a resident of California and believe your information was accidentally provided to the Site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
519 8th Ave. (14th Floor)
New York, NY 10018.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All information you provide will be encrypted with .NET cryptographic services and the SHA-1 algorithm with salted values when at rest. Additionally, we have also enabled SQL Server Encryption, including Transparent Data Encryption.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.